Nexus Culture Code
Our Vision: Create Connection
Our Core Purpose: To Unburden our Clients from Risk through
Education, Insurance, and Counsel
We Learn, Grow, Share, Repeat
Smart people enjoy learning and thrive on stimulation. Creativity flows when curiosity is stoked.
- We always maintain a position of learning and incorporate a variety of influences into our work to impact our engagement with clients
- We are deliberate in sharing information openly and broadly
- We offer skills training and encourage employees to engage in lifelong learning
We Solve for the Client
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to serving our clients. We prioritize client relationships in order to fully understand their needs and provide unique solutions.
- We believe in adding more value than we capture
- We enthusiastically find ways to “delight” our customers rather than simply satisfy them
- We explore alternative approaches and we aren’t afraid to ask questions in pursuit of solutions
- We believe in using technology as a tool but not a replacement for building relationships
Simplicity enables excellence. Complexity is easy, simplicity is hard. With a complex product in a crowded marketplace, we believe simplicity shows true mastery and gives us a competitive advantage.
- We make it simple even when it’s not easy
- We believe with simplicity comes efficiency
- We seek to understand and speak our clients’ language
- We make sure our communication medium suits the message and have the courage to talk, not just type.
We believe every position is essential to the success of the organization. What we do or get done for our clients is far more important than who gets credit.
- We are eager to lend ourselves to other parts of the organization, regardless of where our name is on the accountability chart
- We favor the teams’ interest above our own
- We are not too proud to ask for help and not too busy to be of help.
We Communicate Courageously
We stay positive and we control our reaction to challenging situations, be it people, processes, or personal.
- We lean into tough conversations
- We listen and seek to understand before reacting
- We believe in giving candid and timely feedback
- We believe clear is kind and unclear is unkind
We Choose to Improve
Whatever you see is fair game: Any idea or process can be improved no matter how new or old it or you are to the organization. Everyone has permission to participate in making Nexus better
- We focus on solutions rather than dwell on problems
- We own our mistakes quickly and openly
- We celebrate wins and learn from mistakes
The Nexus Family
Unburdening clients from risk in 29 states.